Sunday, September 10, 2006

end of summer means new cartoons!

Summer's over, kids. "Oh crap," you say? "The fun's over," you cry?

Yes, the summer sun may be setting a lot sooner these days, and the girls are wearing a lot more, as well. And, yes, school is beginning... But! Let's not forget that it's time for the new Fall Saturday Morning line-up!!

Forget Shazam and the traveling Winebago, I only endured that half cartoon half live action bit to get to the Isis segment of the show. Man, what a doll!

And of course there was Kukla, Fran and Ollie. That was my guilty pleasure through the 70s. Even when I was too old for puppet shows, I still tuned in to KF&O for the off chance to see "Skinny and Fatty" one more time.

Don't ask me why, but I was a big Hudson Brothers fan. Actually, I probably got to enjoy the Bros. from all of their variety show exposure, so when the Razzle Dazzle Hour came to Saturday morning TV, I was well initiated. But what really hooked me was Rod Hull and his sadistically aggressive Emu puppet.

Check out these other sites for some more great Fall Saturday Morning line up ads:

http://www.tomheroes.com/Comic%20Ads/comicads.htm

http://www.juggalos.net/80sComicBookAds/partone/index.html

2 comments:

Richard said...

Anyone who namechecks "Skinny and Fatty" as a Saturday morning childhood memory is more than okay in my book!

PopCereal said...

Mr. Rab,

Many a Saturday morn was whiled away watching the story of the skinny Asian boy in the hiked up shorts befriend a lonely, picked-on widebody. That trio of Kukla, Fran and Ollie sure knew how to touch a kid's heart.

Mr. Miller

PopCereal's Fan Box

PopCereal on Facebook